Gladys Wong, CMT, MIM,
Your Body Achieves What Your Mind Believes
Our thoughts affect our physical condition. It is because our brain controls all biological functions and takes our thinking seriously.
The brain is a thinking processor. Say, when you are sad, the brain restructures the body’s operating system to continue its daily performance. Grieving causes the brain to secretes hormones to suppress your appetite and other function of the body, directing energy to focus on healing the discomfort in your heart. Even your emotional pain dissipated, the stress remains in the muscle until released, as the brain holds the memory in place to run its new routine. The tissues in distress obstruct the normal bodily function, causing aches and pain in other parts of the body. It is necessary to remove all muscle dis-ease to resume the full operation of the body.
Integrative Bodywork is an Alternative Medicine—whole-person healing. The session blends many therapeutic modalities to meet individual needs. The therapist would use various methods to stimulate the natural healing of the body to release muscle tension caused by emotional pain. Or, alleviate emotional stress generated by minor physical injuries and surgery.
- Body Alignment: correct muscle imbalance—improve symmetry for better movement.
- Stretching: improve flexibility and remove waste in joints and muscle tissue.
- Massage: increase blood flow, detoxifies the body, and boost the immune system.
- Breath Work: increase oxygen intake to generate energy to circulate blood.
- Energy Medicine (Reiki or Qigong): balance the energy system to increase energy flow.
- Visualization Therapy: relieve muscle tension and relax the body and the mind to reduce stress.
- Spiritual counseling: improve your emotional health.
- Diet and exercise suggestions: enhance the physical health condition.
Frequent Bodywork (once a month) boosts your immune system, strengthens your self-esteem, and heightens your awareness. After the session, you will come out relaxed, energized, and feeling balanced.
Integrative Bodywork is not a luxury or occasional treat. It is a valuable component of well-rounded healthcare.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Insured and Licensed Certified Massage Therapist (CMT)
Member of the International Association of Reiki Professionals